We recognise that many of our clients need to comply with quality standards for the purposes of Legal Aid franchises and corporate policies, and we strive to match these standards in our own practice. Our procedures are designed to ensure that clients receive a service of the highest quality at all times.
To this end we:
- regard the processing of paperwork as a key priority. We aim to process paperwork within 14 days, or to comply with agreed urgent deadlines as required;
- acknowledge receipt of instructions and briefs in writing and confirm advance diary bookings for court appearances and conferences;
- undertake to respond promptly and efficiently to all communications;
- ensure that members stay in close touch with solicitors during cases, for example by informing them immediately of the outcome and required next steps at the end of a hearing;
- check all briefs and instructions on receipt to determine suitability of the nominated barrister and his / her ability to meet required deadlines, suggesting alternative counsel if necessary;
- advise on any problems regarding counsel's availability for court or conferences, either when the booking is made or as soon as difficulties are foreseen;
- ensure that fee notes accurately record information required for drafting bills and taxations or answering clients' queries;
- attend conferences and meetings at locations most convenient to our clients;
- provide written details of our terms and conditions upon request.
If you would like to comment on the service we offer, or have any cause for complaint, please contact the Senior Clerk either in writing, by telephone or via e-mail. If necessary matters will be referred to the Heads of Chambers who have overall responsibility for the complaints procedure. A copy of our Chambers' Complaints Policy is available below; please contact the Clerks' Room if you would like a copy sent to you. We are determined to provide services that meet our clients' needs and to this end we have clear systems for reviewing client feedback, which we use as a means of improving our procedures. From time to time we also conduct client surveys to obtain more general comments on our services.