2 Harcourt Buildings has long held a reputation for excellence in the field of criminal law. Chambers was created by counsel involved in the Nuremberg War Crimes Trials and has been established at 2 Harcourt Buildings in the Temple since 1953.
Members of chambers appear in the full range of criminal cases including high-profile and sensitive matters.
We are very well represented at all levels on the following specialist prosecution panels, established to ensure that cases are dealt with by counsel of appropriate expertise and experience:
• Crown Prosecution Service
- Fraud Group panel;
- Serious Crime Group panel;
- Proceeds of Crime Group panel;
- Rape and Serious Sexual Offences panel
• Serious Fraud Office list
Members of chambers are instructed by a wide range of solicitors' firms acting for both privately funded and legally aided clients.
We are also regularly instructed by local authorities and other agencies, including TFL and DEFRA in criminal cases.
In addition to the field of criminal law, members of chambers have significant experience in the following practice areas:
• Regulatory and Disciplinary work, including Police, Nursing and Midwifery Council and General Dental Council disciplinary tribunals;
We are committed to maintaining excellent working relationships with existing clients, and welcome the opportunity to work with new clients in all areas of the country.